I wasn't totally sure I really needed this blogger's challenge, but then I logged into my blog and realized I was still rockin' a 2013 masthead, and haven't blogged since November 1st. Jesus...I need more than a challenge - I need a blogger intervention.
Here are the rules to Missy's bloggers challenge: 1) Acknowledge the nominating blogger. 2) Share 11 facts about yourself. 3) Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you. 4) List 11 bloggers. 5) Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they’ve been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
11 facts about yourself:
- I don't know for sure when my dad's birthday is. It's either the 28th or 29th of January. My parent's anniversary was the 28th or 29th of January too, but they've been divorced for almost 20 years. For whatever reason I cannot keep them straight!
- I feel very insecure when typing an email or a blog post. I get all up in my head because I'm afraid I'm going to type something wrong and look stupid. I have a tendency to go back and reread like 6 times and each time I add things or change words or phrases around. More often than not I reread it again after I send or publish it, and realize that the adding & changing actually messed up the original message rather than clarifying. This is part of why I blog less than before. This anxiety makes putting a post together a really long and frustrating process. I'm working on it.
- My favorite number is 17.
- My husband is a plumber, and has pretty much known he was going to be a plumber his whole life. I still don't know what I'm going to be when I grow up.
- Two weeks ago my mom went to the hospital by ambulance. Once I heard she was fine, I didn't feel the need to call her. She didn't call me to give me more information either. She did text a week later wondering if I wanted some inexpensive cheese. Which I didn't - because she brought me a 6.28 pound wheel of baby Swiss for Christmas. This is a pretty typical interaction between me and my mom.
- I only recently found out I like baby Swiss.
- Coffee with half & half is not the same as coffee with milk - nice try!
- We have a 1 year old dog named Buster. I totally crush on him whenever I don't want to kill him.
- Trevor and I have been together for 19 years, on February 17th. Holy hell.
- I could watch TED talks all day long.
- I like my meat prepared medium rare.
11 questions from Missy:
Knock, Knock. Who's There? Duane. Duane Who? Duane the bathtub - I'm drowning.
2. Why is your best friend your best friend?
It's hard to really put into words because for me the strongest sense of real friendship is how that person makes me feel. I have a couple of friends who are my best friends because my gut has been telling me so for years. Who am I to question that or try to explain it?
3. What is the most important quality a teacher should have?
The ability to admit they don't know all the answers without feeling the need to apologize for that. Teachers shouldn't have all the answers!
4. How long does it take you to get out of the house each morning?
About 90 minutes.
5. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Why?
2005 Ford Focus. Because that's what you're supposed to do with vehicles.
6. Tables or desks?
7. What was the best professional development experience you have ever had?
UW Extension's Multicultural Awareness Training. It came during my life's perfect storm and it was truly transformational. It also lead to going to New Orleans 8 months later for an Immersion Experience which did the same exact thing. I've been very lucky to have had some amazing professional development experiences that changed me to my core. I left them a better person not just a better professional.
8. What annoys you more than anything else?
People who are stuck. They are usually either too afraid or stubborn to see that they are stuck in a bad or dysfunctional place. They read from the same "life script" over and over getting the same results, but internally hoping for something else. That's hard to tolerate. There are times when I'm that person too, and I get equally annoyed with myself.
9. How do people know you love them?
Because I try to make them laugh. If i'm joking around with you - I like you. If I'm all business around you or you've never heard me say the F word, it's safe to say, we aren't that close or I probably don't trust you.
10. Where were you on 9/11/01?
I I was pregnant with Owen sitting in a recliner watching the Today Show before going to work at the Family Resource Center of Iowa County. I didn't have to be there until noon that day. I remember being very confused because the news anchors were acting all weird.
11. How well can you juggle?
Balls - not at all. Life - I'm doing alright.
- Heck Awesome
- Laughing Abi
- Coffee Lovin' Mom
- Dear Tessa
- High Heels and Training Wheels
- Too Much In My Brain
- She's Write
Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer:
- Ice water or just cold water?
- What is one thing you know for sure?
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- What is the last concert you've been to?
- Your shopping preference - online or in person?
- Name two females you consider great leaders?
- If you could have 500 pounds of anything what would it be?
- When you hear the word "home" what city, town, place, etc. comes to mind?
- Name three places in the US you've not been to yet, but are dying to go to.
- Name your favorite book of all time.
- What is the biggest motivator or barrier when it comes to blogging?
Who's taking bets on my next blogging date?